- About the Program
- Program Partners
- About Food Safety
- Am I Eligible?
- Funding Categories
- List of Eligible Activities
- List of Ineligible Activities
- How It Works
- Application Process
- How to Make a Claim
- Industry Training Courses
- Online HACCP Fundamental Course
- Recognized Certifications and Professionals
- Post-Farm Recognized Certifications and Professionals
- Accredited Food Safety Professionals
- Food Safety Software
- Useful Documents and Links
- Safe Food for Canadians Regulations (SFCR)
- Small Business Resource
- BC Industry Councils
- AgriAssurance: Small & Medium-Sized Enterprise Component: Applicant Guide
- Industry Events
- Program Contacts
- My Profile
Accredited Food Safety Professionals
The Ministry defines Accredited Food Safety Professional “AFSP”, as a qualified food safety professional who is either registered with a nationally/internationally recognized food safety programs or is recognized by third-party Certifying Body (refer to the list below).
The roles of an AFSP include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting a gap-assessment and/or pre-audit to identify, evaluate and document risks found in the plant;
- Recommending an action plan that includes food safety improvement activities under the following three headers
- system development
- facility compliance
- equipment compliance
These recommendations must align with the “eligible activities” and will form the basis for development of “workplans” at a later stage.
To access the services of an AFSP, you can contact the certifying bodies listed below under the heading Approved Certifying Bodies, or Registered Trainers/Consultants with GFSI Schemes.
Approved Certifying Bodies:
The list of certifying bodies below is not exhaustive. Applicants who are seeking to use the services of certifying bodies that are not listed below, can forward their request to the Program Manager, who will forward this request to the Ministry and reply with their decision.
Registered Trainers/Consultants with GFSI Schemes:
The list of GFSI Schemes below is not exhaustive. Applicants who are seeking to use the services of professionals from other Schemes that are not listed below, can forward their request to the Program Manager, who will forward this request to the Ministry and reply with their decision.